STUDY and ANALYZE the PAST,
FORECAST and PLAN for the FUTURE,
but MOVE to ACT in the PRESENT.
–Credit: an amalgam of thoughts from others.
- The Past
- We must study the past from every angle and perspective: the victor, the victim, and dis-involved parties.
- We should analyze our findings and deduce objective lessons that can guide and motivate.
- The Future
- We must leverage the lessons of the past to forecast and shape our plans for the future.
- We should expect the future to throw more surprises than predictions our way.
- The Present
- We must avoid conformance for conformance’s sake and have the courage to be different and to act when others won’t.
- We should focus on the present as it is the only opportunity within which to take action to overcome the mistakes of the past and to create optimism for the future.