1. Stop categorizing and labelling entire groups of people.
- They likely have just as much in common with you as they do with one another.
- Get to know individuals and discover the secret reality: we are all much more alike than we know.
2. Stop punishing a group or a member thereof for the deeds of other members of that superficially-defined group.
- It is innately immoral to do so no matter what your system of beliefs or logic.
- Understand that it is individuals who act and it is only those individuals who are accountable for their actions.
3. Stop believing in absolute “good” versus “evil.”
- Those only exist in the movies and other simplistic metaphors of reality.
- The world is complex; “goodness” and “badness” know no race or national origin.
4. Stop relying on a few media sources that all support a singular perspective.
- All sources, no matter how “free” or “independent”, are burdened with bias. One side’s “insurgent militant” is another’s “freedom fighter.”
- Diversity your sources and include those from so-called “enemies;” you must triangulate the truth from multiple sources.
Please, please, please
unite instead of dividing,
help instead of hurting,
and empathize instead of differentiating.