I love cars. I always have. Fundamental to a car’s performance is its engine. As business leaders, do we spend enough time identifying our engines? Do we ask ourselves these five questions?
- Who on my team delivers more than they promise?
- Who on my team lightens my load?
- Who on my team steps up when I can’t?
- Who on my team models our cultural principles?
- Who on my team is growing quickly with coaching?
These colleagues are our Engines of Business; it’s their aggregate horsepower that propels the people weight of our business forward. The higher the business’ horsepower-to-weight ratio, the faster and more efficiently the business can move.